What safety measures should I take when burning The Blackened Teeth's candle?
It is vital that you follow these safety tips when lighting your candle:
1. Never leave your candle burning unattended.
2. Keep your candle out of the reach of children and pets.
3. Never burn your candle on or near anything that might catch fire.
4. Be sure your candle is placed on a stable, heat-resistant surface.
5. Keep burning candles away from any drafts.
6. Don’t burn your candle all the way down - know when to say goodbye.
7. Never touch or move a burning candle when the wax is liquid.
8. Place burning candles at least 10cm apart from one another.
9. Use a snuffer to avoid hot wax splattering, and never use water to put out the flame.
10. Trim your wick before burning so the flame doesn't smoke, flicker or rise too high.
I have a ‘Frosted’ effect on my candles
If you've ever seen a white-ish color coating on chocolate, then you have a good idea of what frosting looks like in soy wax. It is a natural byproduct of a natural wax and in no way affects the burn ability or fragrance of a candle. It is caused by tiny crystal growth that forms on the top and sides of the wax. Soy candles can be buffed using tights to give them a shine, this can remove some frosting.