Registering for this site allows you to access your order status and history. Just fill in the fields below, and we will get a new account set up for you in no time. We will only ask you for information necessary to make the purchase process faster and easier.Create an Account
Date job opened: September 1st 2021
We're looking for another Creative Studio Assistant to join our team!
Location: Mountain Ash Workshop, South Wales (Workshop located 2 minute walk from Mountain Ash train station. On-site free parking)
Hours: Part time permanent role, approx 15 hours per week
Very simply put, this is a position that is varied, unique and possibly not for the faint hearted! (just like our company!)
We will fully train the successful candidate in many areas of making/creating and general workshop duties, including (but not limited to) the following tasks:
- Working with and understanding raw materials (resin, wood, plaster)
- Production processes; making TBT pieces from start to finish (using machinery and power tools)
- Mould Making
- Casting Resin and Plaster pieces
- Hand finishing of pieces
- Woodworking and laser engraving
- Spray Painting of products
- Dispatching of orders
As full training will be carried out by our experienced and highly skilled team you do not need relevant experience in making/manufacturing to apply – but any previous experience will be advantageous. A transferable skill set is key to this role.
You do, however, need the following to fit the bill and join our awesomely committed small team/family:
- Passion for making/creating as a hobby, interest in the arts/sculpture.
- Have a strong work-ethic, we'll help you grow if you have this (you get out of life what you put in).
- The ability to learn in a fast-paced, busy environment.
- Capability to multi-task
- A 'can-do' attitude. The glass is half-full here.
- No fear of getting your hands dirty (manicured nails won’t last you long here)
- Ability to work as part of a small team and understand excellent time management when working to schedules.
- Willingness to use power tools and workshop machinery.
- Eagerness to learn and be mentored one-to-one.
- Practical, reliable, flexible and a keen eye for detail are key attributes that we are looking for.
To apply for the role of Creative Studio Assistant (2 day position)
Send your CV and cover letter to Rebecca. Your cover letter should include any relevant transferable skills that you have, why you think you’re the person for the role, your hobbies, your future goals/dreams. Include your availability to work (days/hours) – we are flexible with shift patterns, but please note our Workshop is closed on a Sunday.
Due to the nature of our business this role cannot be carried out on a ‘work from home’ basis.
Closing date for applications: 22nd September. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email for a preliminary telephone interview prior to face-to-face interview.
Read more about our story and team here: